Update: The backpacking trip had to be canceled due to most people being unexpectedly unavailable. We will still have our meeting in the Green Swamp at 4 PM.
Lakeland Pathfinders ninth grade and up will be backpacking this weekend from Friday evening to Sunday morning. Pathfinders below ninth grade will meet up with the backpacking group on Sabbath afternoon.
Backpackers, please wrap your things in plastic bags to protect them from rain. Your parents should drop you off at the camp off 471 after 4 PM on Friday. Saturday night we will camp at Mott Hammock in the middle of the Green Swamp Wilderness Preserve. Your parents should pick you up at the Rock Ridge Road entrance before noon on Sunday.
Younger Pathfinders and families can join us at 4 PM on Sabbath afternoon at the corner of Ellis Grade and Tram Grade for a nature excursion.
Locations are shown on the map at the end of this message.
- Small tent
- Dry socks
- Change of underwear
- Soft pants
- Long sleeved T-shirt
- Wet wipes and personal care items
- Toilet paper
- Mess kit (light eating utensils and dish for cooking over fire)
- Gallon of water
- Food for two days (bring mostly light, dry foods that require minimal cooking)
- Insect repellent
- Rain coat
- Friday afternoon drop off: Cumpressco Grade Rd, 28,35634° N, 82.03907° W
- Saturday afternoon meetup: Ellis Grade, 28.33069° N, 81.97056° W
- Saturday night camp site: Mott Hammock, 29.34744° N, 81.96034° W
- Sunday morning pickup: 17301 Rockridge Rd, Polk City, FL 33868